Monday, September 15, 2014

A learner’s tongue

The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.
~Isaiah 50:4

This is one of my favourite verses in the Scripture. Because I am a teacher, I use my tongue everyday to teach, admonish, comfort, encourage, rebuke, correct, etc. It is God, the Father Almighty, who does not quench the faintly burning fire, nor does he break the wounded reed, that teaches me the word to sustain others, mostly my students, who is weary with all kinds of things in life.

I did not asked to be a teacher in MCKL, or any other places for that matter. Since I entered the college as 1003, I have met with students with various backgrounds, ethnic groups, or belief systems. I also come across students personally with various needs in life: problems in family, study, relationship, self-discipline, so called ‘self-image’, confusion about career path and purpose in life, illness and needs physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. It is hard for another man, mere human, sinner, to address those issues and needs. Yet I have been given the opportunity and responsibility to do something about it.

Hence this blog.

I hope that this can be a platform, for me to first exercise and show (though with limitation and flaws), how to love God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind. Then secondly, to love my neighbour, that is you, as myself.

How?

By giving words to sustain those who are weary. Words not from man, but thought by God. I hope to give as best as possible, what the Scripture has to say about various things in life, in particular in the life a students, especially students in MCKL.

Nevertheless, a few things to highlight before we proceed.

First of all, all of my posts do not represent viewpoint of the management of MCKL, or any party, club, society, or any MCKL-affiliated group. I myself solely is to be held accountable on everything I have to say here.  

Secondly, I hope to see a lot of comments from readers, which are you, so that there is interaction between us. Your opinion and thoughts are much valued here. But I do not accept vulgarly language, abusive language towards any person or groups. I hope that utmost respect for another person, ethnic group, belief system, nationality, social status, gender is given, in spite of disagreement that is possible, which surely exist.

Thirdly, I will not accept any anonymous comment. We have to learn to be accountable for what we say and do. Therefore, you must sign in to post comments. And I reserve the right to accept or ignore or delete any comment without prior notice. After all, this is my page, and I am held accountable for whatever posts or comments on this page, even those that are not from me.

Fourth, this list is by no means exhaustive. We are learners, we learn and grow. So if in the future I find the needs to add in other caution, I may update this. For watch up, this list may change from time to time. As for now, that is it.

I wish you happy reading and learning here through these blogs.
May your heart be awaken, your wear soul refreshed.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment